Ion FILM2SD MK2 35mm Film and Slide Scanner
Rating: 4.5/5read 37 reviews
- Transfer 35mm film and slides direct to SD card without a PC
- A high resolution 5 megapixel sensor produces high quality images
- Playback images saved on SD card on a digital photo frame, mobile phone, TV, computer or have them printed
Bring your much-loved film negative and slide collection to life by transforming them into digital files and save directly to SD card – No PC required.
Once saved to SD card you can playback images on a digital photo frame, a television with SD card slot or using the video output connection, your mobile phone, computer, or take them to be printed.
Comes with a free 1GB SD memory card – enough to store 1000 images!
- Transfer 35mm film negatives and slides directly onto SD Card
- No computer needed
- Takes only a couple of seconds to scan and save each image
- Option to connect scanner to PC/Mac via USB cable (supplied) and drag saved images from SD card to computer for storage / viewing / further editing
- New! Larger 2.4inch colour LCD preview screen
- Easy to make great quality images
- Can manipulate images using the ‘flip’, ‘mirror’, and ‘rotate’ buttons, so if you insert the slide/negative/rolls of film backwards and upside down, FILM2SD can fix it – avoiding the need for a computer
- View images saved to SD card on TV using the video output connection
- Excellent value for money: based on average high street pricing, it will pay for itself after scanning approximately 9 rolls of 36 exposure negatives or 60 slides
- Mains powered
- Measures a compact 15.3cm x 8.3cm x 8.3cm / weighs: 660grms for portability
- Smart piano black finish
- A negative and slide cleaning brush is also included
Uses a 5 mega pixel CMOS sensor with 3,600 dpi interpolation & 48-bit colour scan
Automatic exposure control
3 white LED backlight
Single pass scan
Images will be saved as file type .jpg/.tif.
Scans colour and black and white negatives / slides
LCD screen size: 2.4"
LCD resolution: 320 x 240 pixels
Please call 01252 353 850 for technical support on this item
- Standard Delivery (approx. 7 working days) - £2.99
- Express Delivery (approx. 3 working days) - £4.99
- Next Working Day Delivery (orders must be placed by 2pm Monday to Friday) - £6.99
- We deliver to mainland UK, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Scottish Highlands & Islands
- Every product is covered by our 14-day money back guarantee
- Every product is guaranteed for at least 12 months. If your item develops a fault within the guarantee period, we will either refund (only if within 14 days) or replace free of charge
- If you wish to return an item to us for whatever reason, please call us on 020 3617 7400
ReviewsBack to Top
Best thing since sliced bread, it will take me a few months to transfer all my negatives to my computer, so I will be busy over the winter. A purchase well worth the price.
This product is a great asset to me. It now means that l can give new life to my old photgraphs. In my opinion, every household should have one. The memories they bring back to me now are really fantastic.
Ion FILM2SD Film & Slide Scanner04/07/2012 17:25:00
I have tried other scanners of this type but the light distribution was very poor. This one gives a very even spread of light across the slide. Have tried it with a few slides - only another 500 to go!
excellent scanner.Instructions could have been a bit clearer for me
Instructions a little to difficult to follow but then all ok
arrived in good time and well packaged
this will be easy for my 83 year old mother to use
Just the Job.
No problems at all, worked from the start. Full marks for performance and value.
fine product excellent servive
There is an intermittent fault with this item and I may return it if it persists. sometimes it switches on OK but refuses to produce an image or do anything until it recieves a good thump! Other times it just freezes and will not switch off, except at the suply. A pity as it performs excellently when working and does exactly what i want with the 700-odd slides I am converting
Superb bit of kit. My brother is now using it. So quick and easy to use. An absolute godsend
I got it to work but the manual could be clearer.
It does what it says on the box. Operationaly a little bit clumsy to keep going through the menu systems each time you swithch on or want to change something. Quality of scanner result average, obviously depending on the quality of the original slide, but adequate for family holiday snaps and family memories but not for high quality work.
mostly good but cuts the slide size too much on the margins
excellent value for money
The only drawback is the lack of any instructions on how to use the scanner's program. The icons are explained but trial and error is still necessary before a slick operation is obtained.
Returned the first delivery as it did not work. I have now received the replacement and I am very pleased with it. Your action in replacing the item was very efficient.
A great product that came recommended from a friend
The product is great.
Having read other reviews I went for this model. Love the fact it's not tied to a PC all the time; the advantages of this design aspect shouldn't be underestimated. Within 20 mins of taking this out of the box I was scanning slide after slide having got easily used to the menu system. Great product and everything you need comes with the item.
Does exactly what it promises to do. Excellent on colour slides,and I'm looking forward to working with black and white negatives.
Excellent for slides to SD and then to CD Easy and quick to use
good and easy to use
Good results transferring Slides to SD Card,
very easy to use.
Very good competely happy with the product all I expected
excellent product, loses a star only because occasionally it crashes - dealt with by turning off then on again.
Am thrilled to bits with my film and slide scanner. Very easy to use (once you've sorted out the back to front instructions!) and the results are magnificent. The benefit of everything being saved to a sim card is an added bonus.This is well worth the investment.
Did exactly what it said it would do and easy to use with no fuss! Excellent product.
Once I got the hang of it I found it very easy to use. It means family slides can be available for us all in easy to see fashion. Quick start should come after the explanation of menus otherwise people will do what I did and reproduce slides of white people with black faces!
USED IT A LOT AND FOUND IT EASY. RESULTS ARE VERY GOOD PARTICULARLY ON SLIDES. tHE MAIN DISADVANTAGE ON NEGATIVES IS HAVING TO SHIFT THEM TO CENTRE THE SHOT AND THE NEED TO TRY TO KEEP DUST OFF THE IMAGE. tHIS CAN TURN OUT TO BE DIFFICULT AS IT SHOWS UP WHEN BLOWN UP BUT NOT WHEN THE IMAGE IS TAKEN. iN ALL i THOUGHT IT IS GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY.
Easy to use and very good results. Well written instrructions
It is so quick and you do not need a computer, family and friend are queing up ti have their slides and negatives scanned
great gadget, spot on,i am very pleased with the product