Ion PICS2SD Photo, Film and Slide Scanner
Rating: 4.6/5read 13 reviews
- Transfer film, slides and photos direct to SD card without the need for a PC
- Compatible with 35mm film negatives & slides and 3x5, 4x6 & 5x7 photos
- Playback images saved on SD card on a digital photo frame, mobile phone, TV, computer or have them printed
The Ion Pics2SD scanner brings your much-loved photos, film and slide collection to life by transforming them into digital files and saving them directly to SD card – all without the need of a computer.
The Pics 2 SD from Ion can scan photos (3”x5”, 4”x6” & 5”x7”), 35mm negatives and slides all in one machine and in just a couple of seconds.
Once saved to SD card you can playback images on a digital photo frame, your mobile phone, computer, or take them to be printed!
Each high quality scan can be previewed on Pics2SD's large built-in colour LCD screen and you can even edit images using the ‘flip’, ‘mirror’, and ‘rotate’ functions for correcting backwards and upside down images.
- Transfers colour and black and white photos (3”x5”, 4”x6” & 5”x7”) directly onto SD card
- Transfers 35mm film negatives and slides directly onto SD Card
- High-resolution 5.1MP scanner with up to 2,500 DPI
- Images saved as .jpg/.tif
- No computer needed
- Takes only a couple of seconds to scan and save each image
- Option to connect scanner to PC/Mac via USB cable (supplied) and drag saved images from SD card to computer for storage / viewing / further editing
- Large 3.2" colour LCD preview screen
- Easy, single-button operation
- Mains powered
- Excellent value for money, based on average high street pricing, it will pay for itself after scanning approximately 14 rolls of 36 exposure negatives or 92 slides
- Comes with a pair of negative and slide holders plus three photo trays (3”x5”, 4”x6” & 5”x7”) and a handy cleaning brush
- Weight 1.15 kgs / 2.5 lbs
- Measures: 22cm D x 21 W x 15 H
- Uses a 5 mega pixel CMOS sensor with 2,500 DPI interpolation & 48-bit colour scan
- Automatic exposure control
- Colour balance
- Fixed focus
- 3 white LED backlight
- Single pass scan
- Images will be saved as file type .jpg/.tif.
- Scans colour and black and white negatives / slides
- LCD screen size: 3.2"
Please call 01252 353 850 for technical support on this item
- Standard Delivery (approx. 7 working days) - £2.99
- Express Delivery (approx. 3 working days) - £4.99
- Next Working Day Delivery (orders must be placed by 2pm Monday to Friday) - £6.99
- We deliver to mainland UK, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Scottish Highlands & Islands
- Every product is covered by our 14-day money back guarantee
- Every product is guaranteed for at least 12 months. If your item develops a fault within the guarantee period, we will either refund (only if within 14 days) or replace free of charge
- If you wish to return an item to us for whatever reason, please call us on 020 3617 7400
ReviewsBack to Top
Compact and simple to use11/02/2013 15:16:00
I was worried on first sight that the scanner might be flimsy but it has taken my ham-fisted attempts at copying photos, slides and negatives with no problem at all. It is unbelievably light and the box has a handle so it's easy to transport. I haven't used it for any high resolution inputs so I don't know whether I'd ever want a better resolution. It's obviously easier to use for slide and negative as they are a standard size - some of the old photos that I had aren't one of the standard holder sizes. The original item had a problem which was sorted quickly and easily through mysmartbuy.
Very satisfied with the unit and the speedy service..07/12/2012 09:59:00
Only problem is when a nonstandard size of photo is used in the holders.. It can jam whilst removing it from the body.. My solution is to cut it down to size to fit the next smaller holder ( you won't need it anymore as it will be on CD or computer for the foreseeable future ) Many thanks for producing this item for Christmas...James Allan..
scanner works well and the facility to scan photographs is very good
brilliant easy to use great with my Apple Mac.
Excellent concept.Does cut off the top part of 35mm slides.However,satisfactory for the job I want it to do.
Good product. Works well. Reasonable value for money.
The day the Scanner arrived my wife phoned me at work to inform me it had been delivered I told a colleague about it his reaction was enjoy your frustration of learning how to use it.Next day I went to work and showed him 20 photo's and negatives that took me about 15 mins (which incl. unpacking time) to transfer on to the SD card Thats how simple and effective it was to use. I look forward to many hours enjoyment in going through 60years of memories on film and photographs and cataloguing our family life on the SD card. For me MONEY well spent Thank you.
Very Very pleased,it does everything it says. By far the best equipment for scanning slides that I have used
I am over the moon with my purchase,Ion PICS2SD Photo, Slide& Film Scanner, I am getting great results from it,and I think it is very good value for money.
Mounting the slides on the strip is fiddly. In contrast the photo mount is a joy to use.
Would recommend it to anyone. Superb, could'nt believe the speed and quality of the Scanned photographs. The only criticism is that the transparency holder is difficult to open once closed.
As per 8GB SD Memory Card.