Neostar Save-2-CD USB Turntable
Rating: 4.4/5read 20 reviews
- Play 33, 45 & 78rpm records, tapes and radio
- Built-in CD burner records vinyl and tape direct to CD
- Includes 2x 4W RMS speakers
In just one machine and at the touch of a single button, you can play and record vinyl and tapes direct to CD – no PC needed!
Simply place your record (33.3, 45, or 78 rpm) on to the professional belt-drive turntable or cassette into the tape player, insert a blank CD into the built-in CD burner, hit the record button and let Neostar ‘Save-2-CD’ transfer vinyl or tape to CD - listen to the CD in-car, at home, on your computer, or anywhere with a standard CD player.
You can even connect any external audio player (e.g. CD player, MP3 player/iPod, 8-track recorder, reel-to-reel player etc) to ‘Save-2-CD’ using the ‘aux-in’ input connections (lead supplied) for transferring your other music collections direct to CD, or for making copies of your existing CDs!
PLUS You also have the option to connect ‘Save-2-CD’ to a PC or Mac via the USB lead (supplied) for instant transfer of your recordings to your computer. Using the FREE ‘Audacity’ software supplied, your recordings are imported into iTunes where Gracenote MusicID technology retrieves album, artist, and song info. In addition, ‘Audacity' editing software cleans up recordings and provides a full range of editing functions.
Classically finished in piano black, stylish silver and black or ice white, 'Save-2-CD' also includes an AM/FM Stereo radio player, two external speakers (2 x 4Watt RMS), strobe light with pitch control and smart, flip-down front panel.
Supplied with a quality Japanese Sapphire stylus with ceramic cartridge, worth £12.95 (for playing 33.3, 45 and 78s).
Also Available: Antique Oak Veneer Music Stand - Perfect complement for your Neostar Save-2-CD, with really useful built-in vinyl and CD storage racks to keep your music collection off the floor - away from dust and potential damage.
Stand: 535W x 360D x 620H mm, weighs 7.9kg.
- Professional belt-drive turntable with anti-skating, cueing lever, strobe, pitch control, premium tone-arm and ceramic cartridge with sapphire stylus
- 33.3, 45 and 78rpm (spindle adapter included)
- Built in CD Burner records directly from turntable or cassette tape
- Built in track split feature
- Aux-in and line-out jacks for complete connectivity
- 2 x 4W RMS speakers included.
- AM/FM stereo radio (AM522-1620kHz / FM 87.5 – 108 MHz)
- Connects to computer via USB (cable supplied)
- Full function remote control
- CD Player Frequency Response 60 to 5KHz +/-3dB . SN Ratio 45dB
- CD Burner Frequency Response 80 to 5KHz. S/N Ratio 40dB
- Cassette Tape Speed 3000Hz +/-2%. Playback 8000Hz +/-4dB. Wow & Flutter 0.1 (WRMS). Frequency Response 125 to 1000Hz +/-4dB. S/N Ratio 35dB.
- Record Player Wow & Flutter less than 0.35%. S/N Ratio 28dB.
- Amplifier Frequency Response 60 to 16KHz. S/N Ratio 40dB
- Power Consumption 48W
- Power Requirement AC230V 50Hz
- PC: Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP, VISTA, Windows 7 or Windows 8*
*Software upgrade required for Windows 8, free to download from the Audacity website
- Mac: OS X 10.3.9 or later; USB 1.1 or higher
- Standard Delivery (approx. 7 working days) - FREE if order over £50 or £2.99 if order under £50
- Express Delivery (approx. 3 working days) - £3.99
- Next Working Day Delivery (orders must be placed by 2pm Monday to Friday) - £6.99
- We deliver to mainland UK, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Scottish Highlands & Islands
- Every product is covered by our 30-day money back guarantee
- Every product is guaranteed for at least 12 months. If your item develops a fault within the guarantee period, we will either refund (only if within 30 days) or replace free of charge
- If you wish to return an item to us for whatever reason, please call us on 01794 525 320
ReviewsBack to Top
Wonderful turntable29/12/2012 12:12:00
Super to listen, well laid out. Great item.
I have copied LPs/EPs to CD and also to the computer, all very easy to use. The software for the PC is easy to use, the recording volume varies with the record you are playing, so you may have to vary it per record just like you have to do when listening, some are louder than others. I just check my recoding levels on the PC before making a CD.
Excellent piece of equipment29/10/2012 11:04:00
I am very pleased with the order but the instruction booklet printing is FAR TOO small and difficult to read
I'm sorry to hear you found the font within the booklet too small.
May I advise that you can download, view and print a digital (PDF) manual from the product page. To find it, simply click on the 'more info' tab just below the product image/s, above the main product description. Click on the 'instruction manual' image to open the manual.
Best Regards, Richard - MySmartBuy
Excellent , very satisfied with my order29/10/2012 10:43:00
First class product
Overall good. I have not yet tried my old tape to tape Phillips recorder28/10/2012 16:47:00
Overall I shall enjoy playing my old LPs and recording cassette tapes once I have found a way of playing the resulting CDs.
All in one radio, CD and cassette player/recorder/CD burner26/10/2012 17:38:00
Just what we both needed - now my husband can burn his own Cds from his reel to reel tape without the need to use me and my computer. I know that this wonderful piece of kit can be used through a computer but with a husband that chooses to be computer illiterate it now saves me being involved!! Thank you.
very good communication and delivery arrangements,easy to track24/10/2012 19:14:00
follow the easy to read instruction book you have no problems
Everything I need in one unit18/10/2012 18:27:00
A great unit for music fans.
Very pleased with product and ease of use.13/10/2012 12:17:00
apart from that, very pleased with product. Have already recorded one CD successfully. Thank you
Very good!06/10/2012 14:26:00
I just need to learn it a bit more but have tried all functions & they work. I know that if i had waited I could have got one with cd to cd but didnt want to wait or pay the extra money.
I am delighted with the Neostar. The turntable is of excellent quality and is easy to set up. It really is so easy to transfer vinyl to CD and once they are finalized the CDs will play on any other machine. I am running the Neostar through my Hi-Fi amp with the lead supplied and have had no problems. My Hi-Fi system consists of separate units but I need them no longer because everything is contained within the Neostar i.e. radio, tape deck, CD player and turntable. The built in strobe light on the turntable is a really good addition, allowing you to check the speed of the turntable at a glance and alter if necessary via the Pitch Adjuster. A first class piece of equipment that I will gladly award 5 stars
Been wanting something like this for years, wonderful!09/07/2012 15:27:00
Have "burnt" from two very old cassettes with oustanding results. Also done one vinyl LP, once again with really good results, have loads more to do when I have some time available. Looking forward to immersing myself into it soon. Thank you for a great piece of equipment. Keith Fothergill, (Guernsey)
sorry it has taken so long but i HAD TO READ THE INSTRUCTION AGAIN AND AGAIN but the first attempt ro transfer record to C D very good.
I find it not as easy as I thought to record items
prompt delivery, good condition and so far performing well.
Haven't had much time to 'play with' it yet but it seems to do everything I want with good sound quality.
Speaker quality a bit tinny
Idealy would have loved a little more volume on CDs Cassette tape super
The unit itself seems to be ok, as far as playing all three medias is concerned. I have yet to test the recording technology. The speakers are totally inadequate, and had I not had better speakers to use, I would have returned the whole thing immediately on listening to the sound reproduction.
Q&AsBack to Top
A free downloadable software upgrade is available from the Audacity website ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) which will work with the brand new Windows 8 operating system.
This information is also provided in the instruction manual for your reference.