Part of the 'Providence' range, this latest generation ‘Automatic’ Thomas Earnshaw timepiece converts the movement of your wrist into electricity to constantly recharge the built-in battery.
In addition to being self-winding it is water resistant to 5 ATM (50metres), features a solid stainless steel case, hardened domed mineral crystal glass face, 24hour display, plus it’s supplied in a matching Thomas Earnshaw gift box including a full history of the man himself.
The Silver watch is available with black dial, crocodile pattern genuine leather straps and exposed balance wheel and pendulum.
Please Note: The 18ct Rose Gold plated watch is no longer available.
Thomas Earnshaw (1749-1829) was a master English watchmaker who most famously simplified the process of marine chronometer production.
He improved the transit clock at the Royal Greenwich Observatory to ensure marine chronometers were precise and accurate enough to be used as a portable time standard to help determine longitude by means of celestial navigation together with a fixed location – such as Greenwich Mean Time.
Earnshaw chronometers travelled the world on several notable voyages including on-board HMS Bounty and HMS Beagle which carried Charles Darwin to the Galapagos Islands.
An original Thomas Earnshaw pocket watch was sold at auction in 2005 for 12,000 Swiss Francs (almost £20,000 in today’s money) and there is a tribute to the work of Mr Earnshaw in High Holburn, London.
- Silver (TEP01) - RRP £320, mysmartbuy.com price = £100 (Saving £220)
- Self-winding automatic Thomas Earnshaw watch
- Water resistance: 5 ATM / 50 meters
- 24 hour display
- Stylish gift case with historic background of Thomas Earnshaw
- Part of the Providence range
- 2-Year Manufacturer's Guarantee
- Strap width: 20-18mm
- Diameter of case (3-9) : 42.0mm
- Standard Delivery (approx. 7 working days) - £3.99
- Express Delivery (approx. 3 working days) - £4.99
- Next Working Day Delivery (orders must be placed by 2pm Monday to Friday) - £6.99
- We deliver to mainland UK, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Scottish Highlands & Islands
- Every product is covered by our 14-day money back guarantee
- Every product is guaranteed for at least 12 months. If your item develops a fault within the guarantee period, we will either refund (only if within 14 days) or replace free of charge
- If you wish to return an item to us for whatever reason, please call us on 020 3617 7400
Q&AsBack to Top
Customers Also LikedBack to Top
Pulsar PF8137X1 Ion Plated Chronograph Watchonly £59.99
Pulsar Kinetic Automatic Watchonly £69.99
AVI-8 Hawker Hurricane Chronograph Watchesonly £69.99
Thomas Earnshaw Automatic Watch - Robinsononly £79.99
OVO Rubber Pedometer Watchonly £24.99
Pulsar PAR163X1 Kinetic Automatic Watchonly £79.99
Sorry this product is currently unavailable